The St. Albert Place Visual Arts Council (SAPVAC) is a registered not-for-profit charitable organization who, together with the community, advocates, promotes, supports and strengthens the visual arts and craft experience in St. Albert and region.
We are a liaison group made up of the users of the Visual Arts wing in St. Albert Place. Our members include:
- Floral Art Society of St. Albert
- St. Albert Painter’s Guild
- St. Albert Paper Arts Guild
- St. Albert Potters Guild
- St. Albert Quilter’s Guild
- Art Gallery of St. Albert
- City of St. Albert Cultural Services Department
To be an advocate for the visual arts and ensure open and effective communication with our community(s)
- SAPVAC is a liaison between the Guilds, Art Gallery of St Albert and City of St. Albert Cultural Services Department.
- SAPVAC helps ensure the harmonious use of the Studios in the Visual Arts wing within St. Albert Place.
To strengthen and stimulate the visual arts experience within our community(s)
- SAPVAC hosts an Annual Members Retreat.
- SAPVAC is an active member of the ArtWalk Committee – W.A.R.E.S.. Gift Shop is a feature spot the first Thursday from June to September. A different Guild is featured each month.
- SAPVAC is an active member of the StArts Festival, and showcases its members at the annual Canada Cultural Days celebration in September.
- The Art Gallery of St Albert features Guilded, a juried exhibition of member artwork.
To introduce and promote the awareness of visual arts concepts and new ideas to our community(s)
- SAPVAC operates W.A.R.E.S. Gift Shop
- SAPVAC hosts the annual Country Craft Fair
- SAPVAC produces promotional materials that are found at St. Albert Place, tourism locations, and at community events.
To foster an awareness and provide support for the Art In Public Places Program and cultural events and activities
- SAPVAC distributes information about Public Art Calls for Submissions to Guild members.
To offer support by undertaking actions, activities and events to generate funds for visual arts: educational opportunities; equipment; and facilities
- SAPVAC, between 2011−2013, provided $15,000 for equipment in the Visual Arts wing of St. Albert Place, funding pottery wheels, adjustable stools, innovative kiln shelves, quilting storage, press boards and blankets, computer equipment and sales desk in W.A.R.E.S.
- SAPVAC pays all insurance costs for its members’ use of the Visual Arts wing of St. Albert Place.